Annual Ag Innovations Conference and Trade Show will be held March 18 in Santa Maria, Ca. This year the focus will be on comprehensive crop care.
With the underlying principle of integrated pest management, the conference will cover topics ranging from identifying a pest to forecasting crop health, according to conference organizer Surendra Dara, University of California Cooperative Extension entomology and biologicals advisor.
Each year the Ag Innovations Conference series introduces new technologies for growers.
“This conference provides the latest updates from university, federal agency, and industry researchers and growers on crop production and protection technologies,” Dara said. “Attendees can also visit the trade show and see what various companies offer for their crop needs.”
Speakers will discuss
- Regulatory update on pesticides
- Biology and management of the spotted lanternfly, a potential threat to California grapes
- Living with leafroll virus
- Sustainable pest and disease management in strawberry
- Regulatory, commercial, and social elements in the new integrated pest management model
- Automated weeding in lettuce and tomato using a crop-marking system
- Identification and characterization of a new virus associated with lettuce dieback disease
- Abiotic stress defense, a new way to grow crops
- Transit: Solutions for sustainable agriculture
- Climate smart farming: Improving soil health for improved crop productivity
- Microalgae in agriculture for optimal plant growth
- The future of microbial augmentation in agriculture
- Biocontrol solutions for major crops on the Central Coast
- How the BASF product portfolio supports IPM in small fruits and vegetables
- Mating disruption for managing diamondback moth
- Managing diseases and insects in strawberry with biopesticides
- Disease management in organic crops
- Artificial intelligence in agriculture for forecasting and decision-making
Early registration until March 8 is $50 per individual. View the full agenda and register at https://ucanr.edu/AIC2020. Onsite registration is $100 on March 18. Registration includes lunch and refreshments; 6.0 CCA and 4.0 DPR CEUs have been approved. The conference will be at the Veterans' Memorial Center at 313 W. Tunnell Street in Santa Maria.
For more information about registration or exhibiting in the trade show, please contact Hiromi Peck at (805) 781-5940.